Read this before your tour
SAFETY, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The tours and activities listed on this website, unless otherwise specified, are not run by Buddy Free Walking Tours. Our aim is to make your visit to Australia the best possible one on a budget but we do not, in any way, guarantee the safety, accuracy of the information provided and it is up to you to check the details provided are correct. Please read the terms and conditions here as well as information provided on the individual provider websites.
1. While steps are taken to ensure the tours are safe, they operate in busy cities and destinations with sometimes unexpected safety risks. You agree to take all due care, diligence and attention while on our tours and always listen carefully to the tour guide as well as any safety talk which may be given.
2. By attending a walking tour or activity, you acknowledge and agree that you do so at your own risk.
Buddy Free Walking Tours, its contractors, partners and tour guides assume no responsibility and are in no way to be held liable for any injury, theft, loss, damage or inconvenience sustained by any person attending a walking tour listed.
3. The walking tours do require a level of fitness to walk for a couple of hours. If any participant suffers from a medical condition which could prevent them from undertaking the tour, including, but not limited to, dizziness, seizures, limb or back injuries, angina or other heart conditions, significant or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery, we request you get clearance from your doctor before going on the tour.
4. Ensure you familiarise yourself with the tour or activity provider websites, offices and brochures for individual terms and conditions prior to attending.
5. The tours may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions or due to unforeseen circumstances
6. We will never disclose your details to any third party. We may use data provided to us for marketing purposes
7. We hope you love your stay in Australia :)
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us through the website
Buddy Free Walking Tours follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Get Your Partner
Note that we have no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.